- 21. Ludendorff launches his series of major offensives, known as the 'Kaiserschlacht' in an effort to gain a decisive victory before the effect of the America entering into the War can be fully realised. Major successes are reported.
- 23. German offensive redirects towards Amiens and Paris.
- 28. German Operation 'Mars' repulsed at Arras.
- 4-5. Australians halt German advance at Villers Bretonneux.
- 9. German launch 'Georgette' offensive against British at Lys.
- 23-24. British attempt to blockade Ostend harbour fails.
- 27. German offensive 'Blucher' launched.
- 29. German troops advance to the Marne but are stopped by US Divisions.
- 15-16. Austrian offensive at Asiago defeated by combined British and French force.
- 15. Ludendorff launches final offensive.
- 8. Anglo-French counter-attack at Amiens supported by heavy artillery and 400 tanks achieves major successes. Ludendorff describes it as 'the Black Day' for the German army.
- 12. American offensive at St Mihiel.
- 23. British 15th Cavalry Brigade attacks Haifa.
- 26. Allied offensive at Meuse-Argonne.
- 26. Ludendorff is dismissed.
- 28. Kiel mutiny by German sailors.
- 1. Americans breakthrough German defences at Meuse.
- 3. German Sailors Soviet take control of Kiel.
- 3. Americans cut vital Lille-Metz rail link.
- 11. On the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, the Armistice is signed effectively halting the War. The final Treaty of Versailles, is signed on June 28, 1919.